simple64 is an emulator based on a heavily modified version of mupen64plus-core, and ParaLLEl RSP/RDP. It includes a GUI, netplay, automatic updater, controller configuration, and much more!
It should give you the best out-of-the-box experience available for N64 gaming. There are no plugins to download.
Some of the things that are different from regular mupen64plus:
- GUI with controller configuration
- VRU support
- Fully LLE boot process
- Instruction and data cache emulation
- Much more accurate CPU, RSP and interrupt cycle timing (no “CountPerOp” or “Counter Factor”)
- 64DD cartridge port support (saving works)
- Native Vulkan rendering (no OpenGL)
- Better CPU/RSP synchronization, important for homebrew titles (libdragon games work)
- More accurate screen refresh rate timing
- Cloud based netplay (no port forwarding)
- Other stuff I may have forgotten
FAQ and System Requirements
See the FAQ on the Wiki for answers to common questions.
simple64 has higher system requirements than most N64 emulators. Your GPU needs to support Vulkan 1.1, and you need a fairly good CPU to run the games at full speed. If nothing happens when you go to start a game, it is likely because your GPU doesn’t support Vulkan 1.1.
Come chat with the community at: https://discord.gg/tsR3RtYynZ
You can read the netplay wiki here
simple64 now includes netplay! No need to worry about hosting a server. The server is hosted in the cloud. Netplay is free to use and is included in the latest builds of simple64.
Wanting to play online? Come join the #netplay channel on Discord: https://discord.gg/tsR3RtYynZ. New rooms are announced in this channel when they are created.
Support The Project
You can support the project on Patreon here
You can support the project on GitHub here
Bugs can be filed at https://github.com/simple64/simple64/issues.